Thursday, December 24, 2015

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Merry Christmas to all of my lovely readers who celebrate! May you have a beautiful holiday filled with love, faith, family, and lots of cheer. I just wanted to take a moment a reflect on the bigger picture of Christmas. I know that often times it is so easy to mindlessly get caught up in the stress of shopping and materialistic items during the holiday season...we all do this at some point. However, it is important to remember that while materialistic items are fun to give and receive, they are really not important at all when you look at the big picture. This year I really struggled to come up with a list of things I wanted as gifts when my mom had asked me. The reason being? My life is so full of love, happiness, and blessings that I didn't even have any room in my life to think of things that I wanted or that were "missing" because my life is already rich in so many different ways. What I truly want for Christmas is for my life to continue to be as fulfilled and as happy as it already is, Each night when I go to sleep I thank God for providing me with food, shelter, warmth, safety, and an incredible support system behind me. While it is perfectly okay to enjoy and get excited about material objects, don't forget to count your blessings and remember the truly valuable things in your own life this year.








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment