Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Five- September 16th, 2016

            Clever. I appreciate clever.:

Happy Friday everyone! It has definitely been a very tough and busy week for me and this weekend will definitely be no less busy because I will be participating in sorority recruitment to hopefully find my new home and sisters. Although this week has been crazy, here are the things that have been getting me through it all.

I have been really into trying out new boutiques lately. I love looking for more unique pieces while supporting a smaller business. I have recently found a couple of new favorites: Jayne and Kie & Kate. Both of these boutiques are located in the Chicagoland area and are the perfect places to dig around and find some fun new additions to your wardrobe. 

Since I started classes again, I have been going to my two favorite coffee shops a couple times a week to complete all of my assignments in a distraction free zone. Since I only have to be on campus for classes two days a week, I enjoy getting work done at coffee shop rather than in my house so I can feel like I kind of went somewhere and didn't waste the day inside my house. My two favorite spots are Peet's and Owl and Lark (super Instagram worthy). 

Speaking of coffee shops, I thought I'd share my go-to drink. Over the years I have become more of a coffee fan. While I still cannot tolerate straight black coffee (shout-out to you, mom), I have found myself to be addicted to iced vanilla lattes. If you aren't that big of a coffee drinker but want to venture out, I'd recommend starting here.

As the weather begins to change, I found myself searching for some practical transitional pieces. Long sleeve dresses are perfect for the month of September. I just bought this dress during one of my weekly Target runs and I couldn't be more obsessed with it. It reminds me a lot a Free People one I've seen a lot of people wearing, only this is under $30!

I always like to have a show to watch as I wind down at the end of each night. This week I decided that I had watched Gossip Girl far too many times and decided on choosing 90210: The New Generation. Last summer I binge watched the series, but I honestly don't remember much that happened and I definitely never finished it. So I decided to start from the beginning once again and I am really enjoying it. If you're looking for an easy young adult show to binge watch, I'd totally recommend 90210. 

What have you been loving?



                           post signature

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try out cute little boutiques. It's just that some of them seem a little pricey. I finished Gossip Girl and have been binge watching Gilmore Girls in order to finish by November!

    ReplyDelete