Monday, March 28, 2016

Week in Review: My Birthday Week



Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Easter filled with time with your loved ones. I am very sorry that I took an unannounced two week hiatus from my blog, but I have had a busy couple of weeks! I decided that it would be fun to share what I've been up to recently. Here is a glimpse into what I was doing March 14th-March 19th! Regular scheduled posts and videos will be back this week as well. I can't wait for you to see my new content!




I kicked off my week with some yoga on Monday morning, followed by a walk with my dog since the weather was so beautiful. 


However, the best part of the day was celebrating my mom's birthday! I am so thankful for my amazing mom and I am beyond blessed that I can call her mine.

 It also wouldn't be Monday night without watching The Bachelor. I am happy with the outcome of the finale and so excited to see JoJo as the bachelorette!





Tuesday was the day that I got my life together. I planned out the next few weeks in my planner, cleaned out my closet, and framed some more things in my room. I always feel so great after I clean up everything! 


Tuesday was also they day that I was finally able to vote for the first time! Although it was just the primaries, I am still so excited that I was able to cast my vote and contribute to the future of our country! 


I also watched the Pretty Little Liars finale and let me just say, they reeled me back in and I cannot wait until the summer premiere. 





Wednesday was a day of early birthday celebrations! I had lunch and caught up with my cousin, which was so nice! I also ran some errands and did some shopping with my mom.




Thursday was such a fun day filled with all things blogging! I got to catch up with Danielle from City Meets Southern! We had lunch and did an awesome photo shoot with a pink wall! My post with these photos will be up sometime this week and I am so excited for you all to see how it turned out.





On Friday, March 18th, 2016, I turned 20 years old! I cannot even put into words how blessed I feel to have been able to have such a happy day. I woke up to singing, flowers, balloons, and thoughtful gifts from my incredible mom.


I had my annual birthday lunch at one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago, The Grand Lux Cafe located right on Michigan Avenue. My mom and I ate a delicious lunch and then finished off with creme brulee for dessert (my favorite)!


After lunch my mom and I wandered around Michigan Avenue and did some shopping at the Shops at North Bridge. We then headed to Lincoln Park for a stop at the Urban Outfitters outlet, which is one of my very favorite places to shop! 



 

Saturday my mom and I celebrated our birthdays with my grandma at one of my favorite breakfast spots, Egg Harbor Cafe. It was so great to continue the birthday celebrations with some family and great food!


Not many people know this about me, but I am obsessed with NBA basketball and I am a die-hard Chicago Bulls fan. So, when I was surprised with suite  tickets to the Bulls game for my birthday, I actually burst into tears. 


I have watched every single Bulls game this season on TV, so it was such a thrill to be able to see it unfold right front of me. Bulls won and Shay Mitchell was there too, so it was like my two favorite things to watch on TV collided. Also, judging by this photo I took, why hasn't ESPN hired me already?!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment