Friday, February 12, 2016

A Day at Drybar



Recently I was given the opportunity to try out Drybar for free thanks to Freeform and Pretty Little Liars! I had been dying to visit the Drybar, but never got around to it so I am glad that I finally did! I had the pleasure of visiting the Lincoln Park location in Chicago and could not be more pleased with the service I received!




If you have never heard of Drybar, there are some basic things you should know. Unlike a typical full service salon, Drybar's whole business is "no cuts, no color, just blowouts". This means that Drybar only provides dry styling to the client's hair, which is known as a blowout. Blowouts are incredible because they can last days before you need to wash or restyle your hair. Since blowouts are just dry styling, they are considered more of a luxury than an everyday necessity. I can manage perfectly fine doing my own hair from day to day, however if I had a special event to attend I would most definitely pay the $40 for a perfectly coiffed style. A trip to Drybar is also a quick fix if you are having repeated bad hair days.



After checking in at the front desk my stylist came and greeted me and took me back to a chair where she would be doing my hair. She took my hair out of the pony tail I had it in and had me look at the menu. She asked me what hairstyles I liked (straight, beachy, curly...) and I told her that I liked a lot of volume and curls. She suggested that I do the "Cosmo" since I wanted curls. Below is a list of the styles that Drybar offers on their menu.





After picking my style I was lead into the prettiest room to get my hair freshly washed. Sticking your head in a sink at a salon can get somewhat uncomfortable, however Drybar really has it tailored so that you are comfortable the entire time. The chair you sit in while getting your wash is so cozy and my neck didn't even hurt while my hair was being washed. My stylist deep cleaned my hair, leaving it feeling so fresh. After the washing was over, my hair was twisted up on to the top of my head and wrapped in a towel to being the drying process. 
Now comes the best part, the blowout! I got to sit back and relax for about 40 minutes while my stylist styled my hair to perfection. Drybar offers you a beverage to sip on while you relax and there are also TVs on the wall so you can be entertained. For the "Cosmo" style, a blow dryer, curling iron, and volumizing products were used to create the look. My stylist blew my hair dry while clipping up sections to set the curls she made with the round brush. At the end, she went over everything with the curling iron and then used the "Southern Belle" volumizing product in my roots for some added lift.
My hair looked absolutely perfect when I left Drybar! I have fine hair that can be stingy when it comes to holding a curl, which is why I chose a style with tighter curls verses one with looser curls, because I knew my hair would eventually fall and end up looser. Since my hair is so long it s hard for me to get volume, so I also asked for extra volume. I can honestly say that the volume in my hair lasted all of the five days following my blowout, which left me incredibly impressed! As I stated before, curls in my hair tend to fall very quickly, but mine lasted two days before I went in with an iron of my own and touched up a few pieces that lost their shape. Typically I wash my hair every night, or every other night, but this blowout lasted me five whole days and not once did my hair look dirty or limp. 


Overall, I would definitely recommend Drybar to anyone. 10/10! I loved how my hair turned out and I absolutely loved the products they used in my hair. I will most definitely be picking up some of their products in the near future! You can check out the products at your local Sephora store.

                                                                               



                              post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment